Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The vast desert that is this time of the year

Dear Lord do I hate this time of year. Well, as far as video games and television are concerned. It is like some vast desert of emptiness with only a few oasis's to get you through it, and are those oasis's few and far between. For every great game that comes out, there are ten that blow. I have spent the last few minutes looking back on Gamespot.com for new releases that may tide me over till something great comes out and woe be to me! That list is short. I have considered Condemded 2 but I never played the first. With my lack of consoles to give me variety (thanks to a poor purchase of my tv two years ago), I am left looking at the PC or my 360 and nothing has jumped out at me.

Galactic Civilizations II has its second expansion pack come out back in April, which I missed but it does hold interest for me. GalCiv is an awesome series I highly suggest every one check out. Age of Conan hit stores yesterday but I can not bring myself to get another MMO after falling off the LotRO wagon and not caring to get back on. MMOs are so dull and repetitive. Though AoC looks cool, and some sites I like to visit recommend it, MMOs just can't hold my interest any more.

Movies are another thing, which considering the sexy that has come out in the last 6 weeks and what is looming ahead of us, I can't really bitch about. Its summer blockbuster time and that makes for good movies, or at least entertaining ones. But! This is not for movies, but for video games. I have myself a new movie review blog so I don't bore you poor bastards with movie talk.

Back on point. Where are the good games at? I mean seriously game industry. Its not like you don't know how to make good games, but you release them like meals to a starving person. We get them only when we need them, just before we die off. Only its stretches of months, not a week or two before we starve to death. GTA IV is a fine game that I am sure lots of people are still enjoying but my entertainment value from it is done. I just want something GOOD to come out about once a month. There are so many game companies out there, it shouldn't be to fucking hard. Yet it is.

Man I hate these months of waiting.

Also, for the few of you who do read this site, comments have been opened up to everyone. I didnt realize that it was limited to those with a blogger account.

No comments: